FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Chinese New Year in Shanghai and Hong Kong in Lufthansa and Emirates First Class
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:01 pm
tng11

Lufthansa First Class Lounge Munich

First time at MUC and wow, what a world of difference it is from FRA. Aside from the far walk to transit immigration, MUC is infinitely better than FRA. Security was courteous and efficient (unlike FRA screeners who are IMO, the slowest I've ever seen in the world.) The signage was also a lot better.

2015-02-13 10.55.31 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Moreover, what's awesome about MUC is that you don't have to deal with queues at immigration. You can clear immigration in the most civilized manner possible at the FCL and freshen up. Shame that they couldn't do that in FRA with the FCL A (which as I understand, was designed to be setup like MUC but it didn't end up happening.)

2015-02-13 10.56.45 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2015-02-13 11.22.23 by jurastudent, on Flickr

For all intents and purposes, the MUC FCL is basically the same as those in FRA. Different caterer, but the layout and civility level are all the same. Again, a reason why I love Lufthansa - the FCLs are never too crowded and are an oasis of calm in the chaos of an airport.

IMG_9418 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9420 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9414 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9412 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9413 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9410 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9411 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Valentine's Day tomorrow. Too bad that I wouldn't have anyone to celebrate it with. Or would I?

IMG_9421 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Lufthansa also had some special menus going on for V-Day:

IMG_9422 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Coming to the MUC FCL, one thing I really wanted to tuck into was the Münchner Weisswurst. However, as I was still feeling queasy, I passed on eating anything here, hoping that I would feel better by the time I got to the FCT in FRA.

IMG_9423 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The food spread in FRA looked more appealing (though this was still excellent):

2015-02-13 11.13.06 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2015-02-13 11.13.14 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Seeing as I was running low on time, and that I didn't really feel the need to take two showers/baths within 3 hours, I decided to be bold and just straight up asked for a rubber ducky. My wish was granted by the lovely attendant:

2015-02-13 11.16.53 by jurastudent, on Flickr