FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Under seat rolling tote advice
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:49 am
rsqrott

Originally Posted by SkyForce6
I am no fan of rolling totes. You get a rather slim selection of bags and the wheel and handle system steals valuable space and adds weight.

If a tote sized bag is her preference then better to get the $30 Samsonite luggage trolley:http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Lugg.../dp/B004WYD9NK

Then she can have her choice with any bag that fits the size requirement and just carry it in that luggage trolley. Another advantage of that system is that it is also possible to squeeze in a duty free shopping bag in case she does any shopping at the airport. Once you get on board the plane just collapse it all and put the trolley in the overhead and put the bag under the seat in front of her.
You know, this is a great idea. I had never really considered a luggage trolley. I like my wheeled Delsey tote for travel but after 6 years it's looking really shabby. I have been looking for a replacement but nothing is quite right. I picked up a Lipault bag that meets all of my requirements, except for it's not having wheels. I like the option of being able to wheel my bag and to roll my coat into the handles of the bag while in the airport, wheeling along, etc.

How small are these trolleys when they're folded down? And how easily do they do so?