FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heads-up: New SA Immigration rules for kids
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:38 pm
PCMarch

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, Amex GLD
Court Order or not

The law is really confusing as written- this is off the SAA website- and it mirrors the Home Affairs one:
Regulation 6 (12)(b):
In the case of one parent travelling with a child, he or she must produce an unabridged birth certificate and:
i. Consent, in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child, authorizing him or her to enter into or depart from the Republic of South Africa with the child he or she is travelling with;
ii. A court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child, if he or she is the parent or legal guardian of the child; or
iii. Where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate,

The way it reads suggests I need the birth certificate, the affidavit and the court order; the legislation is missing the word OR at the end of sub-paragraph I.