FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Vegetarian Discomfort Plus and the JFK Fancy People Lounge
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:40 pm
grabamile

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Interesting to note what a lacto ovo vegetarian meal looks like. I have been vegetarian all my life and I always opt for the Asian vegetarian meals on flights. I have rarely had a good meal on any airline whatsoever. However I have found that united does a great job of catering its flights out of Newark, Delhi, mumbai, and London with decent Indian vegetarian meals. I've only flown delta once and it was very disappointing and american usually just throws in the pasta option as always for vegetarian. Its such a myth that vegetarian meals require more prep work or is extremely difficult to do. It takes very little efforts to buy some of the ready to eat stuff by Haldiram ( found at Indian grocers) and heat it up and serve. Its way better than any of the stuff they try to serve on flights. The other thing is out of Europe esp Germany and SUI, there arr tons of places to get veggie burgers like Burger king and McDonalds - I still don't know why they haven't been asked to help cater some of these airlines. That's really what I do lately even when flying premium cabins out of Europe - just grab a veggie burger from burger king or McDonalds to go before I get on the flight.

Anyway I went on a bit of a rant here but it just bothers me what people think of vegetarian food. It really isn't all that difficult to serve.