FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel in Singapore
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:01 pm
Blueskyheaven

I just came from from 7 nights at Hilton Singapore!
I liked it because it is very close to the ION orchard mall. The mall has the Orchard train station. Made a big mistake eating at the Thai restaurant in mall. Hardly any service and yet charged $10 in tax and service charge for $30 meal. Told us it would be 50 cent if i need a cup of water. I found a food court in the mall. You can eat all kinds of food for around $8 and NO service charge. We ate at the food court several times and it saved us lotta cash. I got room on 17th floor with no city view. All i saw was tree and the back side of the four season and its pool. I got no lounge or executive fl access. The next day I called and asked them if I was treated as a gold member, told me your selected room on 16th is king, what you got on 17th is king plus and it has coffee making machine. Told them I have always found coffee machine in all types of hotel room even without any status. Told them I don't think of that as an upgrade. Told us they don't have any other room with city view or to change to and gave me lounge access. Had to go down to front desk to get the key done to get to the 23rd FL executive lounge. I went there for 2 times in evening. I really loved singapore , specially the MTR. IT is always very packed though

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Mar 30, 2015 at 6:20 pm