FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip Report Forum Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:21 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Thumbs up Nice work by the moderator!

Originally Posted by matthandy
I'm glad that people enjoyed the stats. They don't tell the whole picture of course, as some of you have realised. I suppose what it does highlight is that whenever someone takes the time to put together a TR it's really important to show your appreciation!

As for those people suggesting that writers are deliberately splitting up their reports to gain more views, well I disagree. Putting a TR together is an absolutely huge effort and something that can't really be done all at once. Comments keep people motivated.
Great stat! Nice work by the Moderator.

Going through the stat listed in the OP, I must say statistics don't lie at least from my perspective. Those are the posters I admire the most in this forum and read their TR frequently for enjoyment, inspiration and ideas.

I am not sure anyone who would purposely drag out a TR over a long period of time. What is the point of such a practice? This is a public forum for people to share. There is no economic benefits or personal egos involved.... main reasons I enjoy the Trip Report Forum much more than the Miles & Points Forums. People have a life outside of Flyertalk, and they share their trip reports because of their love and passion for travel. Let the trip report writers compose their TRs based on their time constrain and creativity.

As I said earlier, statistics don't lie, if a TR is no good, it does not matter how long it is been on the active mode, readers will ultimately decide whether it is worth viewing.

Thanks Matt for moderating this forum!^