FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Gate Train to Nowhere
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:04 pm
You want to go where?

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
This would require them to put in a second track and buy a second train, and have trains running empty in one direction (i.e., TO the arrivals area and FROM the departures area). I can't really see them doing this just for the one passenger in however many thousand who ends up in the wrong part of the airport by mistake. As we can see from nmstough's post procedures are in place to rescue such stranded passengers - no need to build a separate train line for them.

nmstough - really, what do you think you were doing, just randomly heading off to one of the three separate departure areas when the gate was no yet known? And what made you pick Satellite 2, when (as can easily be established by looking at the departures board) 99% of Ryanair flights depart from the gates at the opposite end of the building? You were the idiot here (to use your own word), not all those other passengers that waited for the gate to appear on the board and then made their way to the right place.
Agreed, If the train is being used both ways and not simply running empty back to the original starting point, then I agree that there is certainly no reason to build tracks and run trains for the occasional errant passenger. However, it does sound like some signage might be in order to minimize the possibility that someone does this. That wouldn't cost much.