FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nok Air versus AirAsia
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:42 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
When it come down to it, price should be your determining factor for domestic Thailand flights. If prices are similar, I will NOT choose Nok Air. But, they are a good airline. They use old Thai Airways 737s with lots of leg room.

Nok has fewer flights per day, usually no evening/night flights. At one time they had 11 aircraft. I'm guessing they don't have many more than that now.

Air Asia has broader flight times, more aircraft, and often greater frequency in flights. I think price is the relative factor.
Nok has expanded their aircraft number and flights immensely and, as pointed out, no longer utilize those old 734s. While I can't speak for all destinations Nok has a robust schedule to many domestic airports.

Originally Posted by ft101
No longer the case for either of these destinations I believe.
Domestically speaking USM is reachable by FD and DD only through a plane/bus/ferry routing which is only rational if you have time to spend half a day traveling. There are a few international routes these days but PG still maintains high prices... at least in the sporadic searches I've done.