FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Gate Train to Nowhere
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:48 am
nmstough

Stansted Gate Train to Nowhere

I was recently almost stranded at the wrong gate at Stansted! I had a flight on Ryanair to Bratislava. After getting through the unruly crowds at security I looked at the overhead monitor and it said the gate for my flight was not yet assigned. 45 mins. to departure and not assigned? I figured rather than stand around like all the idiots staring at a stupid monitor I would simply guess and then once there hope that a monitor would show the correct gate and then go to it.

It was almost a disaster. I took a train to gates 20-39. When I arrived I went up an escalator and then there were only two flights leaving and neither was mine. No information at all what gate mine was leaving from and whats worse, this was a ONE WAY TRAIN. There was no way to get back to the other gates. At that point I only had 30 mins to departure and I panicked. I finally found some fantastic airport worker taking a break who called someone and they drove me across the runway to the right terminal so I barely made the flight.

Why would this airport do something so stupid to trap people on a one way train to nowhere? I have been through airports all over the world and have never seen anything like it anywhere. At least there could have been a warning posted that there was no return from these gates. Beware.