FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:44 am
immaculate

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Climb down off the high horse.

So they did you a favor by doing what they were obligated to do, which is how your post was worded ("I decided to try my luck as a walk-in")?

For those who read here, they may very well be left with the impression that they are not entitled to signature capture without an appointment. And that is not how it is.
Honestly, I have no clue what compelled you to post something like "did you read the letter?" but I'll just assume that a little gets lost in translation online and walk away from this one by saying that we don't always get what we may be entitled to and that just because the letter says so...well, you know the rest. I don't think anything I said or did warranted you to attack my reading comprehension or merited a comment like, "climb down off the high horse." Chill out.

I said "try my luck" because walk-ins ARE based on the availability of a US CBP officer being free between appointments to do your signature capture. the GOES site showed SFO as solidly booked through May.

Last edited by immaculate; Mar 28, 2015 at 7:03 am Reason: edit to add clarification on "try my luck"