FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:40 am
godswrath

Originally Posted by meecal
Yes, the clock started ticking on approval, not application, date. Of course if you got instantly approved then those two dates are the same. Just to be clear - you realized you were $80 short of the minimum spend so you spent more and reached the $2,000 threshold today (28 MAR)? Make sure you're not counting the annual fee payment in your spending.

Payment timing is irrelevant to the bonus. If you want to pay early to put your mind at ease, by all means go for it as your only downside is a couple cents of lost interest on that money had it been sitting in a bank account, but it won't play into whether or not you get the bonus points. ^
Thank you for the reply, Meecal! Yes, I just bought a $100 Amazon e-gift card today (12am on 3/28) which puts me at about $2100, including the $90 fee. So my deadline is 3/29 then? Or do I have to count 90 days? If the order remains as "pending" for more than 24 hours, am I SOL?

PS That was actually my idiotic mistake, I had over 2k spend, but it included my annual fee (before today's $100 spend, at least). The rest of the spend was immediately after activating my card.