FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:36 am
meecal

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by godswrath
Question,

I applied for my card on 12/29. I finished making the minimum spend on 3/28 (I was $80 short and didn't realize it...). My statement doesn't close until 4/18. Did the clock start ticking exactly on my approval date of 12/29? Do I have to pay the last of the $2000 threshold before my 3 months? Wondering if I should make an early payment to be safe.
Yes, the clock started ticking on approval, not application, date. Of course if you got instantly approved then those two dates are the same. Just to be clear - you realized you were $80 short of the minimum spend so you spent more and reached the $2,000 threshold today (28 MAR)? Make sure you're not counting the annual fee payment in your spending.

Payment timing is irrelevant to the bonus. If you want to pay early to put your mind at ease, by all means go for it as your only downside is a couple cents of lost interest on that money had it been sitting in a bank account, but it won't play into whether or not you get the bonus points. ^