FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent F experience
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:35 pm
NYCtraveler

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Flew out on Cathay F and Back JAL F

No flower
Evian Water
Krug poured seatside as I requested
Amuse Bouche foi gras
Note received

Food is just not good on Cathay. I don't know why over the years they cannot pull it together. compared to Singapore or any Middle East Airlines they are serving Business class food in F. It is Interesting to me though as I used to have a friend who lived with 6 other people in a HKG apt. They all had real Rolex's and fine clothes, yet went home to this tiny apartment they shared....But on the street you would think they were rich....at least I did. Cathay's first reminds me of this.....Serve The Krug champagne....then 2nd and third rate wines and food that is not good....What appears to be, just aint so..Window dressing..somewhat of a facade.

Return with JAL in first was Beyond Amazing. Fantastic Service, the food was sublime and plentiful and everything prepared well. Nothing missing or forgotten....Their Sake's were fantastic and their wines were delicious. A flight attendant walked through the cabin every 15 minutes checking and refilling and providing water etc throughout the flight. Seat was slightly smaller then CX but WOW....what a difference in soft product. I was impressed.

I am on CX F next week yet again to NY....Will post back.

Safe travels to all!