FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hotel Credit Cards are worth MSing?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:42 pm
littlewinglet

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by farwest101
"Top category" doesn't equal "top quality" wrt Carlson. It's all low and mid range. And that's why many aren't interested. If you just want a roof over your head, Carlson can't be beat for 2 night stays.
You know, I don't want to turn this into a hotel loyalist argument, and I have no special affinity with Club Carlson, but I think your continued insistence that they're somehow low quality crap, and barely a roof over your head, is total stupidity, or ignorance.

I don't know how any sane person who has stayed at various Radisson Blus in Europe, and elsewhere, can claim that. They may not have a butler or free caviar in the lounge, but the quality of the beds, showers, interior finishouts and service was on the par with any other so called 5-star hotel.

Sure, there might be one or two of those that suck, but I've also stayed at supposedly high-end Starwood, IHG and Hilton properties that left me unimpressed.

If you're just being ignorant on purpose, I suggest you go stay at some of the better Radisson Blus, it'll change your mind. Or maybe you're a hotel snob and nothing short of a St Regis is good enough, in which I case I pity you since you miss the point of travel.