FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jlemon

[B]1. In the fall of 1993, no less than ten (10) airlines were operating nonstop service between Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok (BKK). Two of the airlines, of course, were Cathay Pacific (CX) operating B747 and L-1011 equipment and Thai Airways International (TG) flying A300 and B747 aircraft. Name as many of the other eight (8) air carriers as you can and also identify the equipment each operated on the route. Please note that partial answers are fine. And here's a hint: none of these airlines were based in the U.K. or U.S. Partially answered: JAL with DC-10 service, KLM with B747-400 Combi service, China Airlines with _________ service......

2. Also in the fall of 1993, only one airline was operating nonstop service between Miami (MIA) and Iquitos (IQT) in the Amazon jungle of Peru with one round trip flight a week. Identify the air carrier and the aircraft type it flew on the route.

6. In the summer of 1965, this airline was operating a daily 3:00pm departure from New York JFK to Los Angeles with an arrival time of 8:37pm at LAX. However, this was not a nonstop flight as three destinations were served en route. Name the air carrier that operated this flight as well as all three stops in the order in which they were made and the aircraft type. Partially answered - airline was American

8. It's the fall of 1965 and you've been attending a business conference in Boston. The phone rings and it's your lady friend calling from Washington, D.C. "Hey," she says, "let's meet up this weekend in Willamsburg, Virginia! I've always wanted to visit the national park there so I'll drive down and you can fly in and meet me!" You agree this is a splendid idea, of course, and then quickly ascertain the location of the nearest airport to Williamsburg which has direct, no change of plane service from Boston. The flight you'll be on makes no less than six stops en route. Name the airport you'll be flying into, the airline you'll be traveling on, all six stops in the order in which they were made and the aircraft type
Here are the remaining quiz items from my initial set. I'll submit additional quiz items as the weekend progresses....

Last edited by jlemon; Mar 29, 2015 at 4:48 pm Reason: updated list of remaining quiz items