FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering loads on LCY flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:44 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Catering loads on LCY flights

I know we have had multiple threads on catering issues in premium classes ex-LHR but I always had the impression that LCY had a more reasonable approach to it. Yet, my last two experience this week suggest that this may have changed as well:

- NCE-LCY: 3 pax in C, they loaded EXACTLY 1 salmon and 2 chicken. We sat in 2CD for the fab leg room and as the passenger in 2A chose the salmon, we basically had no choice.

- LCY-JFK CWLCY: 15 pax, sat in 1AB and... had to share the tiny pots of jam and clotted cream as apparently they had only loaded 7 for all 15 of us! (pax in 1JK and passengers in row 2 had 1 each, passengers behind row 2 had none).

I won't pull a DYKWSWA* nor a DYKWFIPFTT** but regardless I think that this is a really poor show. In both cases, the crew were both embarrassed and apologetic, and in the first case, we were even recommended to write although part of me cannot really be bothered.

* Do you know what status we are (huh???!!!)?
** Do you know how much I paid for that trip (pffff!!!...)?