FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US CBP Mobile Passport Control App (MPC)
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:09 am
lovecabo

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Seattle Tacoma Intl Airport (SEA) started today.

Has anyone actually used this app? I'm wondering if this is better/faster/quicker than Global Entry. I already have GE so don't see a need for the app right now but if i can whisk through immigration with just my passport and some pre-filled out data on an iPhone then I'd rather do that then feed my passport into a machine and have my fingerprints taken.

I guess GE still gets the benefit of having a dedicated customs lane at most airports...for now. I suspect they'll put these mobile app users in that line, too.

-RM
I used it in ATL in January. The way it works is you fill in details about your flight and who is traveling (similar to the forms you fill out manually). Then when you land, you connect it and they tell you they've accepted it and it generates a QR code. There was a dedicated line (only 1 however at that time), and the problem was finding it--not too many people knew about it. But once I found the line my wife and I zipped through, mainly because we were just about the only people using it. I think once it becomes more prevalent that may change. Of course, they can add more lanes as well. We really liked it, but I don't have GE so can't compare it.