FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)
Old Mar 27, 15, 3:44 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Oh well - here we go with the monetization of the spare front cabin capacity. FFP upgrades and/or Business class rewards will now compete directly with a latent revenue offer for that same seat.

And as for occasional operational upgrades in cases of overbooking... well, good thing I'm not investing in retaining Miles&More status any more.
Sad to see a long standing, much valuable FTalker abandoning M&M. I do not get your point: No one sane will ever upgrade with miles, but redeem award tickets in C and F with miles - doing this well in advance I never had problems. You could benefit from the sensational companion Senator award - recently had 4 intercontinental sectors in F for two with 435 000 miles....

Of course operational upgrades will become less, but it is a thing you can not speculate getting anyway. And LX C is pretty full always because simply excellent - I doubt there will be much space available for the "auction" in P. Hopefully LH will protect its F soon as LX did already - excellent award availability for its own elites.