FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] JFK-AUH $187 rt ai
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:06 pm
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Departure 777-300 plane
Hopefully a short recap on our just completed ORD/AUH/ORD flights.
I had been upset because I couldn't get passport info for my wife in 3-4 days ahead of departure (Called, E-mailed no help). Checked in online and everything open and worked just fine?
Carry on was a backpack and duffel bag each(decided duffel >1 lb vs rb <7lbs). My wife had to exchanged tickets at gate and they said they needed to weigh our carry on. I got about 15 ft from counter she said ok weighed lol. Many roller bags on flight by others.
Flight was loaded 15 min. before departure time left 1+ hr. late?
Flight was ok but entertainment was mostly older movies and series from TV shows that I don't watch. Bring your own entertainment.
Food 1st meal was good, 2nd was a mystery meat sandwich that I ditched after 1 bite, 3rd was uneatable unless you liked VERY SPICEY Indian food.
FA's were the best I've seen in a long time. Very very helpful with everyone.
Upon arrival I found out why we waited 1 hr. A couple behind us in customs flew from MSP/ORD and their flight was 1 hr. late and EY held the plane until they arrived. They were told this by EY. 300+ wait because another airline late? But is was booked together.
Return 777-300 plane
Printed BP at Hotel. Went through security np. got to gate 58 and saw locked glass doors with people on other side but doors locked. Asked and told 2nd security check for US at end of hall. First guard wanted BP's reprinted but desk said no and waived us through. Security was very thorough. Then went on other side to gate 58. About 45-60 after arrival at airport.
Boarded and ready 15 prior to departure time. Pilot said we were waiting for people going through security, left 90+ minutes after scheduled time.
Meals, programs were all the same, never asked to weight our carry on. Recommend ordering special menu unless you like spicey food.
I had expected more of Etihad but waiting for that long to me was a big negative. I would not make a connection EY that was less than 2+ hrs because this seems like a normal thing. Plus it turned a 12 1/2 hr flight into 14. I had thought of using them 3-4 times a year but will look else where. Feel sorry for the FA's and GA's because they were great.