FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:35 am
sweeper20

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I disagree here. Although I may never be planning my 25th again, I don't expect this is the only event where this property has pulled something like this and probably won't be the last. I do believe the OP was very upfront with the agent he spoke with and she understood very well what was wanted. It wasn't until the agent went to set it all up that things went sideways. If they won't support their own people just imagine how they will treat their guests.

If I was the OP (and even if not) I would be very hesitant to hold any events with the current property management. However, they should not get away with this scott-free. If he's not able to get connected with Elliott.org, then maybe also try a local consumer reporter. News at 11!!!
I agree with you on all points - good post. He told them what he wanted - Six months ago - they seemingly agreed at the time, and now they (the hotel) are backing out. I for one and grateful to read a review like this on Tripadvisor or the like, it does help me determine which hotels to work with and in this case, which hotels to avoid. As someone who works with meeting planners, this hotel will go on my list of places to avoid.