FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Charlotte & Le Meridien Charlotte North Carolina
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:10 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Any recent stays at the Le Meridien? (I don't see a master thread for this property. Sorry if I missed.)
Staying at the LM side right now - so far it's a mixed bag. High level, worth it if the price is right but I think I will likely return to the Westin or Aloft next time (I just like to be able to walk to local restaurants / Starbucks in the AM). Still need to check out the gym, can report back on that.

The good:
+ Cool LM lobby - very chic
+ Just had a nice meal at the bar (same food as the restaurant)
+ Nice staff so far, esp. at the bar
+ In a basic King right now, but the furnishings to me are fairly good. Less of the LM white/clean aesthetic - but warmer colors, and most ^, a regular height desk! I detest the LM "high desk" that's incredibly comfortable after a short seating
+ Illy machine in the room (not every LM has this...looking at you LM Dallas Galleria)
+ Got a nice welcome note from the "SPG & VIP Services Manager" (noting that it was my first stay at the property), along with a nice wooden gift tray/box of different chocolate items

The less good:
- Parking situation is a joke. As noted elsewhere, it's a joint Sheraton garage, but there is ZERO signage for the LM. It's an endless walk that eventually dumps you into the Sheraton side.
- Location just isn't Uptown (aka downtown) Charlotte - it may be close, but I personally wouldn't be walking up to the busier area
- Toilet is loud when flushing...and then stays weirdly loud for a while after that. Hard to explain but definitely different...
- I understand they had to split the Adams Mark into two hotels due to size...but it's just a knock against the LM exclusivity I've come accustomed to (had to wade through hundreds of convention-goers on the Sheraton side just to get to the LM lobby)

The ugly:
- - - 3 suites available for booking - but of course I got the "no suites available line". Sorry, I just don't buy the "inventory may not match up to what is seen online/the app" - if this is truly the case, Starwood you need to get realtime inventory already

Last edited by UA-NYC; Mar 24, 2015 at 6:16 pm