FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:55 pm
Superorb

Originally Posted by Happy
Amen. What WAS, is totally irrelevant to what IS now. I dont even get the point of why that was brought up.

However, the Fast Track does count award stay as qualify stay so you could do award stay to renew your Gold, provided 1) you can find low level award, 2) you are willing to do one-night stay to minimize your point cost.

Our recent trip had us finish the last 4 days in Istanbul where we hopped among 3 Hilton properties so my husband's account would finish the Fast Track challenge to retain his Gold thru March 2017. Just confirmed with HHonors via email that as of Mar 17 his status was "upgraded" to Gold (despite he is still Gold thru Mar 2015 without the Challenge) and that is thru March 2017. Natural stays we needed, just a little bit extra work by changing hotels.
So award stays count for the Fast Track within X amount of days after getting the 50k HHonors Citi card? This is great news. There's a 10k point hotel 2 hours south of me in Colorado Springs, I'm sure we could stay there a few times.