FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:12 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brugge
There has been an open question about when the 2 year limit for BA bonus points was to be considered over. I got my original sign up bonus over 2 years ago, but got a second bonus upon renewal less than 2 years ago. I quessed that only the first bonus would count towards the 2 year limit, so a few months ago I applied for another BA card. I waited 2 months to see if Chase would send me a letter saying my new card didn't qualify for a bonus, and when I didn't get a notice, I recently did the $2K min spnd.

Since my statement closed a week ago, I called Chase to find out what was up. The CSR said "the 52K miles have already been transferred to BA". Why don't I see them in my account? Supposedly because "the transfer process takes 6 to 8 weeks" to show up in the BA account.

So anyway, for those who have been wondering, this is an apparent first data point that the only bonus that counts for the 2 year re-app time frame is the sign up bonus, not the secondary spend and/or renewal additional bonus points.
Did you see the bonus on your Chase statement? If the bonus is indeed issued, it should be on your statement. How it gets to BA account is another matter but the first proof is, it is on your statement. So did you see it?