FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip Report Forum Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:43 pm
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by txflyer77
I think this is more to do with the fact the long reports include too many photos for one post and (in my case) the report isn't written all at once, I write it as a go and post each section when it's complete.
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
In defense of posting the TR out over multiple pages, I have to use this method because:

a) I have too many photos (usu. several hundred) to post at once, and
b) I usually perform light post processing on the photos, which means I cannot post them all at once even if I wanted to.

The increased number of views is simply a nice side benefit.
I humbly reject both of those reasons. I think one easily can post the entire TR in one go (because of post limits, it may, of course, require multiple posts - but, they can all be posted in a single sitting).

a) I post more pictures than most (I usually do keep it under 1,000 though), and
b) I have performed light post-processing on 95%+ of my photos (from cropping to more substantial processing techniques).

And yet I've posted 3 different TRs, each of them all at once with no posts from others before my entire TR has been posted. Of course, with the 100-photos per post limit (thankfully up from 20), I post my TRs in logical, divisible chunks (which, I think makes them easier to read anyway).

It is really simple to do so - I write the TR in a separate document (e.g., Word) and then copy & paste each post into the TR only after I've completed the entire TR. The photos are simply links (from photobucket, picasaweb, etc.); so, the size and number doesn't matter if one writes the TR in a separate document (bonus: it offers a good spell-check for me) and, again, since the photos are really links, whether they are processed or not doesn't really matter. And, one can always make a post that says "reserved" and come back to it and "edit" it later with the content for that section of the TR (instead of posting slowly in later posts which bumps the TR to the top of the forum).

Please don't misunderstand me - I have no problem with people posting their TRs slowly over time, but, it certainly is not necessary (one can wait until their TR is written in a separate document before beginning to post). I am working on my next TR...perhaps I will try a new posting strategy?

I also agree that DanielW has some of the most interesting TRs around! ^

Last edited by FindAWay; Mar 24, 2015 at 7:47 am