FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:20 pm
jacknyoc

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Similar case with me with my recent UA biz card application. Based on my experience I'd suggest calling again in a few days to check on status. I was told the exact same thing three separate times before it was finally processed a few weeks into it. Not sure what's up with Chase processing these days, but pretty frustrating situation.

HOUFLY, there are other similar offers currently available (AA, Ink, etc.) but this UA biz card is pretty good. In addition to the 50K bonus miles, the airline cards are now beginning to compete better with the non-airline cards, in my opinion, by offering multiple points for other purchases. I like the fact that this UA card offers double points on restaurant and gas purchased, as well as office supply stores (although Ink still does better on that front). It's nice getting double points on something other than ticket purchases. RE: AU, I'm not aware of any biz card offering additional points/miles for an authorized user like personal cards offer.

Originally Posted by bentrmpt
Applied today and called Chase to provide more information. After answering some quick questions, the rep said that he was recommending my application for approval at 10k CL. He said the final decision would come in a week or so, and that I'd get the card shortly after.

When I got the Ink, the rep was able to approve my card on the phone and send the card right out.

What's up with this "recommending the application for approval"? I asked him if I needed to move any credit around, and he said, "Not at this time." He seemed very pleasant. Is this just the language they use now? Should I expect approval, or do I still have hurdles to clear?

Last edited by jacknyoc; Mar 22, 2015 at 12:21 pm Reason: Additional Information