FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:02 am
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
Anytime you are planning an event, start with whatever passes for a sales manager at the property. Forget websites, forget what somebody else usually does. That way, you work out an agreement for rooms, f&b and whatever else you need. There is a contract which obligates the property and you, it is signed by both of you and everybody knows where it stands.

It also avoids other unpleasant surprises which people don't think about such as extra lights, extension cords and all the minor stuff which you can expect a property to charge for unless you've cut the deal to include them.
I actually called the property directly to book, but I think they might have transferred me to central reservations, not entirely sure.

It's my 25th birthday, I know it's a first world problem, and I've thought about that, but I work hard for my money, and I'd like to be able to spend it to do something special for myself.

I know that some people on here feel that I've come across as a cheapskate, but I actually do a lot to help my community, both from a monetary perspective and from a time commitment standpoint.