FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:20 am
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by umirza85
Looking to get from London to Toronto in June and September (for two weddings). Is there any good tier point runs that work out cheaper than direct? I'm trying to maintain a silver but hopefully I can push for Gold this year. For some reason I can only make a TP run that gets ~120 TP's.

Also I have a Canadian (my home) and Holland (family home) address, would it make sense to switch my account address to one of those other locations for a lower gold TP threshold? And would I lose the points ive accumulated this year the process? I currently work based out of the UK so many of my flights originate from LHR if that matters.
Welcome to FT. I am sure an ambassador will be along to offer an official welcome later. Not looked for any prices, so cannot say what these might be.

What is the route you have been looking at, and in what class?

At the moment the best fares are probably from Dublin, although AMS/CPH can often be worth checking out. A lot of TP runs will be in business and go via London and US, with BA1-4 being popular as this earns 210TP each way (if booked by 28/4 regardless of travel date).

As for location of your BAEC account, I don't think your location matters any more with regard to TP required for each status level. This did used to be the case. However, levels are 300, 600, and 1500 for everybody. No doubt I will be corrected if wrong.

If you post more information about your plans, e.g. class of travel, dates etc then you may get more specific information for your requirements.