FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 master thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:46 pm
travellermatt

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by hyperspace
Hi everyone,

I am trying to understand if it's worth it to invest in a longer TP run this membership year in order to get to Gold (I am based in US, flown already 4 BA flights), or stay silver and do a shorter TP run next year to keep the silver.

The value I see in getting Gold now is that I would automatically get Silver the year after regardless of TP and BA qualifying flights I can get at that time. Then during that Silver year I could think about doing another TP run to get back to gold and have another two-years Gold-Silver.

for the curious, the TP run I'm planning is
LAX/MIA/SEA/PHL/LAX with AA/US, all in F
or
LAX/MIA/LAS/PHL/LAX, same airlianes and class.

840 TPs for about $2000 over a weekend.

thoughts?

If coming out of LAX, why not try LAX-IAH (with two stops, many options to choose from, PHX, DFW, etc) and return the next day via the same method. Just looked for a weekend in September. Fly out Sat 19th, back sun 20th. $420 each direct, so $840 total. 720 teir points... $1.15 per TP... Which is about £0.76 per TP, which looking at the Wiki is about as good as it gets at the moment...