FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Lounge at FRA
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:12 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
If this is a trend of upgrading AF lounges, then bravo AF.
Like you, I remain to be convinced, but those were two of the posts describing the FRA AF lounge offering:

Originally Posted by ajs123
I beg to disagree with the previous two posters. I am very satisfied with the food offering in Frankfurt, it has improved a lot in the past year. For breakfast you have a large variety of fresh rolls and breads, selection of cheeses and cold cuts (that is far more diverse than you find in KL's Amsterdam Crown lounge), fresh fruit salad, nutella, and yogurts. Available are also Frankfurters! The desserts variety has changed from packaged ones to apple tarts, chocolate pies and various types of muffins. For lunch (from around 11am) you get individual servings of salad, various types of mini pizzas, cooked vegetables (very tasty), soup and hot bite sized snacks (a recent addition were wraps). Although I fly out of FRA once a week on average, I have no experience with their evening food selection. I am also unable to comment on the wines (no champagne, just a french sparkling wine). The selection of newspaper and magazines is very good too. The major downside of the lounge is that it does not have any restrooms but that is also that's the case of the adjacent Iberia lounge.
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer

[...] Hi,

In terms of evening offerings, which start +/- 17:00, the hot food is typically a stew or pasta sauce, with rice or pasta, and a vegetable dish. There's normally also salad available.

Timings do vary a bit, so with the 17:55 KLM flight, you could be leaving just to early to catch the bus to the remote parking stand.

GenevaFlyer