FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:44 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by psychoandy

Unexpectedly, IHG got approved for 20k

I alluded to shifting limits but given that the 20k limit was for a card just approved, couldn't shift. called recon #2 and she could see the other apps and said nogo as well due to multiple apps and too much extended credit. I feel like the 20k limit on IHG totally nuked my chances to get the UA/Slate autoapproved, and my UA card still might not get approved.

My actual business with real 6 figure revenue only got a 10k credit limit with Ink Plus. Don't let the bloggers fool you, it's not as easy as the halcyon days of yore.
Another data point to that effect re Chase Bus cards.

I'm assuming you don't need $20K on the IHG, since it's a great card for the sign up bonus and the annual certificate, but a terrible card to put spend on. We just stayed at the Hong Kong Intercontinental with our certs. It's a beautiful hotel with an incredible view across the harbor from Kowloon to HG proper. It's also 45K points per night. That's $45K in normal spend per night, and still $22,500 in grocery store purchases.

So why not SM Chase to lower the CL on the IHG to a few thousand, then call Recon again once that's done, and see if they will approve another card with the now much lower total Chase CL?