FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - interesting security story: flew flight but not on passenger list...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:43 am
KrnGrs

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by KrnGrs
One message on the KLM FB page later and an offer to even refund the one way ticket I bought to get back home and some miles, together with a 'heartfelt' apology. Of course the message got deleted - what airline would want 'security lapse' on their FB page but my Boss sure is happy. Now hopefully it'll never happen again - for them or me!
Just an update:

So... apparently their offer to refund my one way was a miscommunication from the Social media staff. Can't say I am not surprised (flying for free would have been an amazing deal) but their communication leaves a lot to be desired. After going back and forth a little, asking them for a statement that they were not going to refund the one-way as I had already told my employer (and I did not want him to think put the money in my pocket), they offered to pay the difference between half the return and the one-way. Ok, if you do want to give me money after all - great! And 5000 miles to boot. However, no feedback yet on what they think that happened (officially or unofficially)