FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:11 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by donotblink
I wouldn't suggest that you book a room at the W if you're interested in an environment that is ultra quiet and has tumble weeds floating on by. Starwood has nine distinct brands for a reason, and to be quite frank, I think that staying at a Sheraton, Westin, Le Meridien, Luxury Collection, St. Regis, Four Points or element (sic) hotel would be a more appropriate choice for your lifestyle.

I was very reasonable by booking the additional rooms and voluntarily ending my party at 11pm.

The hotel offered to host my party establishing a contract and later reneged on our agreement after invites were sent, just to extort me for more money.
30+ people in the bar or nightclub or lobby is fine by me. 30+ people coming and going from a party in a room on my floor isn't!

Best of luck with this, OP. I think we all agree that the hotel set itself up for this problem with its grandiose advertising claims about being able to host a "sizeable gathering" in the room and heading for the jacuzzi when the party's over.