FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:21 am
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jibi
My post wasn't directed at you. It is rare that someone calls out a hotel in these kinds of thread with that kind of claim of deception and it be the absolute truth. I simply thought it deserved some form of supporting proof.

This is hospitality industry version of a celebrity tweeting something offensive then deleting it a few minutes later as if that completing removed it from the internet. I think that is the big issue here. The hotel knowingly and willingly attempted to cover their poor marketing claims.
Thank you so much for your support!!!! For the record, I'm really not a guestzilla! I've been staying with Starwood since 2012, reached platinum last year and have stayed at dozens of properties around the world, I've never created a big fuss about anything like this before (and hope that I never need to again).

I even write really nice reviews when a hotel goes above and beyond (see: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html) I also try to tip pretty generously when staff goes above and beyond.