FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:06 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
No-one's accusing the OP of lying - I'm the most sceptical person here and I think the hotel behaved really badly.

An ordinary hotel room can't host a dinner table for 6. I think that the "sizeable gathering" they intended was dinner for 6. The registered guests plus four invitees.

But the W is so desperately trying to be cool that they used the expression "when the party's over, escape to the jacuzzi".

I interpret that as meaning "when your four guests have left, you and your partner feel free to have a bath".

But I think the OP took the mindless reference to "party" to mean "you can host 30 people and then all hop into the hot tub".

And the W was even dumb enough to try to be cool by saying that that tiny alcove could be a DJ booth. That's asking for trouble if you're a property with a "no party policy" and they really should have had more common sense.

The hotel made silly, grandiose claims. And because this OP wanted to host a party without paying the going rate to host a party, he interpreted the silly grandiose advertising the way that suited his needs.

Last edited by DCF; Mar 20, 2015 at 12:13 am