FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regional routes to go
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:31 pm
brenrox

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I'm curious about these Gotta Go fares. For BHE-AKL they would be a great deal (by current NZ regional pricing standards, anyway) at $169 for the nonstop, and now that most BHE-AKL flights are on the DH3s they are seldom entirely full. I'm wondering if I can get away with relying on a Gotta Go fare on Easter Monday, as the fares are outrageous.

However, are these capacity controlled? Has anyone gone on record on that subject, i.e. if there's one seat in Y you can book it as a RGG fare? Or is it all much more (typically) opaque than that?
Given that it'll probably be leisure travelers flying only, it's less likely that the most expensive fares for the flight will sell, meaning there will be left overs. There is also the option of them routing you via WLG if on some rare chance all direct one are full.

Re: ROT-ZQN being a tourist route, it's probably still going to be quite busy at off-peak times. Because there is a mandatory two flights and three pax involved, there is more risk - you'd probably be safe, but personally I would be booking beforehand.

As long as you turn up for the first flight of the day, that'll give you most chance off getting there. Shame there is no lounge at either, as (I assume) you could have bought a flexi-ticket to access the lounge and pass the time.