FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:36 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DCF
If he did not explicitly advise them that his "small gathering" was for more than 30 people, then any "breach of contract" ain't on the hotel's side.
Where did you get the more than 30 figure? I said 25-30. The hotel advertised that you can host a sizable gathering in the suite, that the suite has a DJ booth, and when the party is over you can escape to the Jacuzzi.

I also just looked up sizable in the dictionary and it came back with the definition fairly large. Try it yourself by just putting the word into Google.

I let the hotel's representative know that I would be hosting 25-30 guests and she assured me that it wouldn't be a problem over the nearly 3 hours I met with her.

She told me that she'd be more than happy to get me glassware without charging me, source outside food, allow me to store anything that didn't need to be refrigerated in advanced, and get extra furniture for me.

I didn't tell her this, but I was prepared to tip her around $250, because she made it sound like she was going to do a lot for me.

She's been in her role for less than a year so I guess maybe she's just inexperienced.

My budget for the night is $3,000.00 which isn't insignificant.

Last edited by donotblink; Mar 19, 2015 at 10:44 pm