FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:35 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
10 Reservations are a lot. I cannot see many SE even doing 6 Reservations per year.
I disagree. It all depends on booking patterns. If you use all your Aeroplan miles on one or two family vacations for 4 people, that's two bookings, not a big deal.

But my girlfriend and I have no children. We travel a fair amount. Sometimes I use Aeroplan points to fly a friend out to YYC for ski trips with me or to join me on some trip they couldn't necessarily afford to go on otherwise. Bookings are always for only one or two people. Sometimes bookings are done as 2x one-way. Almost always within North America (e.g. DCA-YYC, YYC-YUL, etc).

In those circumstances, it's very easy to burn through 10 in a hurry and not actually cost AC a ton of money.

cow's math is funny and I'm sure someone getting 90 IKK seats would be costing AC a boatload, so go ahead and crack down on something like that, but I think his suggestion of a seat limit is much fairer than a reservation limit.

They could also look at refining the limit somewhat - e.g. no limit on Y reservations, but a limit on J, or fewer restrictions on North American and more on intercontinental.