FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honors Login Update
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:07 pm
timfountain

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by aww3583
Is this a case of Hilton IT thinking this is acceptable? Are they so out of touch that this is considered good performance?

1. Bonus points take 6-8 weeks to post. Every other travel entity I deal with posts points/credits/miles within 48 hours. Hilton even posts stay credits (nights, stays, and points) quickly. Even the 100k Diamond Bonus posted in 90 seconds!

2. I can log-in with the following combinations of credentials...Username and old PIN; Username and new password; HHonors# and PIN; and HHonors# and new password. How is this more secure?

3. No email was sent stating my password had been changed. Almost every other entity I deal with (banks, airlines, etc.) sends an email to the address on file saying "Your password has been changed. If this is not correct, please contact us immediately." I don't receive emails from Hilton anyways despite my address being on file and no emails in my spam/trash folders, but this is a basic security step that Hilton lacks.

4. Regardless of web browser, in January and February, I was able to log-in by just clicking the "I'm not a robot" box. Now, I'm back to Captchas.

Hilton IT is trending in the WRONG direction in both usability and security.

I understand Erin is the just the messenger, but do our concerns really make it back to corporate IT? Are they receptive? Are they utilizing current processes and technologies to ensure the security of our information and accounts?
+1.

I am in exactly the same boat with one additional added 'feature'. I have not been able to login to the complimentary WIFI at 3 different hotels last week. I get an incorrect ID or password error. Hilton IT no 'helpdesk' are busy picking fluff out of their navel and contemplating itching their privates. They promised to call me back sometime in the next millennium.