FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copa announced ConnectMiles
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:52 pm
IanWorthington

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
Don't see any mention of earnings on Star or other partner airlines yet. But I'm encouraged by their statement about keeping the "1 mile = 1 mile" earning.
Thought I might have just missed it. Guess not.

I'm assuming that 1mi = 1mi will apply just to CM flight. You suspect it might be broader?
I had feared they'd do what AV, AM, and LA do, in awarding 25% or 50% on the lowest econ fares. So, am certainly glad to see that isn't the case.
Also noticed this morning that CM has just put a new MEX-BOG deal on for us -- $206 RT! Only downside is that it's only good for travel thru mid-June. So can't use that after July 1, to start accumulating miles in the new program.
That's still a good fare. Maybe we can fly but claim retrospectively?
My next question is, will they be offering status matches? They indicate they'll offer equivalent status for MP customers, based on one's history of flying with Copa. Am going to email them to inquire about the possibility of status matches to AV/AM/LA elites.
Let me know will you?

45k miles for Gold is not an amazing bargain but it's not bad. The requirement for only 4 segs on CM, if it turns out to be 4 economy segs is pretty good though. My interest turns on what the options are going to be for long haul out of BOG.

Also note no upgrades for Gold.

Last edited by IanWorthington; Mar 18, 2015 at 4:04 pm