FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copa announced ConnectMiles
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:02 pm
DoubleWidesFly
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Still few questions.

Can our mileage plus miles be transferred.

I have flown a lot on Copa but mostly award tickets. Is that considered when giving out status for the first time?

No stopovers allowed as they are all one way awards?

Where is the chart to Europe, Asia and other places?

Will my United mileageplus credit card offer any benefits other than getting into the Copa Clubs?

Will Copa partner with any US banks or transfer programs. For me this makes the biggest difference in if the program works or not.

Glad to see the Pty - David flight less points as its only an $80 ticket at the moment.
All great questions, but the program is still being built. Check out the FAQ on the Copa Connect webpage. A lot of information is still to come. Today's announcement was just groundwork for the program and focused around Copa Airlines, not partners.

to Answer some of your questions:
Can our mileage plus miles be transferred. - Don't count on it, maybe via points.com but expect hefty charges

I have flown a lot on Copa but mostly award tickets. Is that considered when giving out status for the first time? - Again I would say no, Copa is going to be looking to reward flyers who have flown Copa and given business to Copa, an Award ticket is hardly business.

No stopovers allowed as they are all one way awards? - Doesn't say, as award rules and routing have not been released yet

Where is the chart to Europe, Asia and other places? - Copa has released a chart for travel on Copa Airlines and Star Alliance partner for the regions they fly to/from. Expect more award charts to come in the future, but remember the program is still being built

Will my United mileageplus credit card offer any benefits other than getting into the Copa Clubs? - no clue. Looks like the relationship w/ United will be limited to Upgrade certificates, maybe more, maybe less. Time will tell.

Will Copa partner with any US banks or transfer programs. For me this makes the biggest difference in if the program works or not. - At this time zero announcements, but hints towards several banking partners in the FAQ, a co-branded credit card by BAC Credomatic has been announced in the FAQ, but of course that won't do US Citizens any good

As I mentioned in my blog There is still a lot of unknowns about Copa’s new frequent flyer program, as today we only received the framwork of what is to come

Last edited by DoubleWidesFly; Mar 18, 2015 at 3:09 pm