FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WSJ: United Sent Safety Warning to Pilots
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:09 pm
CO_Nonrev_elite

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I know this is a management-biased board, but the union letter posted above is not surprising to me, and encapsulates everything I've been hearing the last 3 years from my friends/family who are UAL pilots.
I don't think the board as a whole leans one way or another. I just feel that management were never behind the controls of the plane when pilots nearly flew them into terrain. Just because management probably isn't doing a great job doesn't mean you shouldn't take responsibility for yours.

No lack of training, difference of training, attitudes or changes lead to pilots not following cockpit management.

Anything other than the pilots accepting responsibility for their errors in this case is just silly. Grievances with management while real, have zero to do with this.

If the pilots are truly blaming management for the pilots losing focus, not following cockpit management guidelines and nearly crashing, then that is one scary future for United.

Pilots should pay more attention, and fight management all they want when they are not behind the controls