FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keurig Alternatives? (pod-type, single serve machines)
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:39 am
SusanDK

I am addicted to Nespresso coffee. We got a machine at work a couple of years ago, and it got to the point where I couldn't stand my coffee at home on the weekends (fresh grounds made as a manual pour-over with a funnel or a French press). So I bought a Nespresso Pixie a few months ago for home.

At our second home, I have not had a decent cup of coffee since we got here. It irritates me that Nespresso machines are so much more expensive in the U.S. than Europe and I'll eventually get one for the second home or bring the one from Denmark to the U.S. with a transformer (they don't make them dual voltage).

I make the fresh pour-over coffee every morning, plus we go to a wonderful one-off cafe that has fantastic latte for my husband (but I like a good robust cup of black coffee), and we have Starbucks a few minutes walk away (yuk!) and another local one-off cafe around the corner (double yuk). None of them is as good as the Nespresso.

The machine is also quick, easy to clean and just works. At work we have the Lattissama version which has an option for foaming milk for latte and cappuccino; at home we have the Pixie which has no milk attachment. You can also buy a separate milk frother from Nespresso which I'm told is good.

I generally only drink about three cups of coffee each morning, then generally quit for the day, but it has to be good coffee!

Oh, and the Nespresso decaf capsules are also excellent should you ever want a cup of decaf.