FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weak Inflight Supervisor or just bad luck?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:11 am
GRUflyer

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by royng
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, GRUflyer. I am sure I will be pissed off as well when the 92C guy "sabotaged" that seat and then to hear about the bag mis-connecting.

Unfortunately travelling by air means meeting people from all walks of life, and sometimes, unruly ones. While I think SQ crew can be more decisive when a passenger is damaging airlines' property, I would either be nice and persistent in urging crew to carry out action, or just accept that life gives me lemons and grab tequila and salt instead. Perhaps, as an alternative, asking the crew to be quieter when they are working in the galley?

Have you written to SQ? Anyway, in my opinion while I will not ask SQ to compensate (since the bag did make the flight), and not knowing how far SQ allows their crew to "handle" unruly passenger, I will at least ask SQ in the future empower their crew should the crew feel they need to act more decisively.

Perhaps when you meet the same SQ crew, they will treat you extra nice again.

Weak Inflight Supervisor or just bad luck? I say bad luck. I am not a frequent J class / SQ pax though.

Just my two cents.
I did write to SQ, and in case you missed that point on my post, I was being sarcastic as the service was horrible - not in the sense it was careless, but it was a below average SQ flight for me, the only thing being that all cabin crew called me by name all the time.

Let's see what SIA's premium CS does. I have been in touch with them before, and I know they will answer me. I am just not sure what they will say...