FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A bowl of soup worth waiting for
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
Here I tend to disagree. They do have a better service, but the lounges themselves with a lot of hard surface finish and the big traffic are absolutely impossible to relax in. Acoustics is terrible They feel like a busy hotel lobby or ... an airport terminal. Noisy yes. Busy yes. Modern yes. They even have some kind of cool vibe to them, but I can't relax there. In this the CPH lounge is still better, with soft chairs and more 'at home'-like atmosphere. [note: I am not trying to say that the CPH lounge is superior to German lounges. I simply find that LH is quite unable to create spaces where one can actually rest]
The lounges or interior aren't the problem, it is the appalling offering and quality of the food. Even a small offering of warm food that is accessible for non-Scandinavian travelers as well would be a massive improvement. Heck, just having some slices of pizza would really do the job. Add 100SEK to the ticket price and provide 40SEK worth of slices and it would be a financially sound and customer satisfying success.