FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:25 pm
hershcules

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by justforfun
I'm in the exact same situation. LH insists Avianca must issue the infant ticket, Avianca insists LH must issue the ticket. I'm on phone call # 4 with Avianca. I'm running out of patience.

Looking back through the thread, there seems to be conflicting experiences. Some have had the operating carrier issue the infant ticket, some have had Avianca. Which is it?!

I'd really like to know as well. I have 4 one-way adult awards booked LAX-LIR and LIR-LAX in mid-April for a wedding that were booked using LM points on operating carriers TA>GU and GU>TA and have to add 2 infants. If I understand this post correctly, if just add them to the TA portion of each of the one-ways, will they be ticketed through on the connecting GU legs? Or do I have to book them on both TA and GU?

I also just noticed that they changed the outbound and returning flight departures time on us. The outbound was changed from 7:30am to an 11:35pm red-eye departure with an 8hr layover in san salvador!!! I was thinking I'd maybe try to call them and cancel everything, but then I'd be stuck with a ton of LifeMiles that I don't ever think I'd use and no flights to the wedding!

Anyone have thoughts/suggestions on what to do here???