FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:36 am
dcstudent

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm with writerguy. I worked customer service jobs all through high school/college/part of law school...some as management, some as a regular line employee and at all of the places I worked we had a policy that if a customer threatened legal action or started using terms like "damages" that we immediately referred the customer to corporate's legal department and could no longer directly address the customer's concerns.

So that may be the cause of some of your delay.

I'd just move my business. They've shown they don't want your business so I'd find a different hotel that does and reward them. I'd also tell all my friends, and post in the property's master thread to warn others away.

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Back when I worked at Disney World in Central Reservations, we were required to immediately stop talking and transfer any guest that threatened legal action against the company. Even if you didn't mention a lawyer, your FT post did include the term "breach of contract" as well as a mention of "significant damages". If you used those terms in your complaint to Starwood, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that your complaint got routed to the legal department.