FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:48 pm
jimquan

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Charged Int. roaming data for Ipad

Last month I made a swing through Manila, PI with a stopover in Guam.

I had turned on 3gb of data for the primary line and the on demand 9200mb free for life) with match phone data option for my iPad.

International roaming data and texts for my phone were not charged. I got the text message announcing included unlimited web in PI and on Guam.

However, in Guam I wound up using 3.3mb of cellular data on the iPad when wifi was not available resulting in a charge of $50.90. Tmobile CS informed me that the data sim in the iPad was not eligible for international roaming data.

I did a search of this thread and some people report using iPads successfully with international roaming cellular data, without incurring the usual huge roaming data charges.

Is there a specific data package I should have purchased for the iPad sim / data line?

Found the answer here: you have to select an iPad data plan that specifically includes international roaming. The 200mb free and match your phone line data plans do not roam internationally.

I guess $50 is a cheap lesson considering that I got free international data and texts on my phone!

Jim