FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Movie / TV inflight entertainment (AVOD) listings
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:19 pm
rgdave

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
When I fly to Asia, I always want to make sure I have 15 or 16 hours of things I want to watch (for the round trip). It's my 'catch up' time. If it's on AVOD, great. Otherwise, I'll buy and download and watch on my laptop. I don't care about the cost; I just want to know what and how much to load. It's this little stuff with KE that can infuriating compared to CX or SQ. Their booking procedures are byzantine, particularly for award bookings. No advance seat assignments until 60 days out. And their lounge at JFK is functional at best. (KE, just throw in the towel and let AF take care of your F passengers at JFK.)

But I'm a sucker for the A380 whenever I can fly it in F, and KE's premium cabin prices to Asia are usually better than CX, so I fly them. And when I'm onboard I love it.

If only KE was as obsessive about these details as they are about how macadamia nuts are served, they'd move up a notch into the ranks of SQ and CX.