FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walk to/from the Airport to save money
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:25 pm
rxziebel
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Cool thread.

MPH (Caticlan, Philippines) is a 10 minute walk to the ferry to Boracay.

MNL Terminal 3, for early arrivals, I've walked thru the parking lot across the road to McDonalds for breakfast, then grabbed a taxi to the city for half the cost of the airport taxis.

I think someone mentioned this ... CRK (Clark, Philippines), you can take a 10 peso jeepney from the 7-11 near SM Mall to the Fedex office, then walk 10 minutes to the airport terminal. This saves 500 pesos.

CGX (Meigs), you can walk to the loop in about 15 minutes. Oh wait, never mind, King Richard (Daley) bulldozed it in the dead of night in 2003, for the common good, of course.
Where do you find a place to cross the road from T3 to the Resorts World side? With the construction of the overpass, the road is totally blocked down the middle from one end of T3 to the other. Is there a "secret" way thru the construction site?

I ask since I am so tired of waiting at T3 while traffic is at a total stop and being able to SEE the Marriott but not get there for 1-2 hours. Taking a taxi, even going to the departures level, is not an option as they are in the same traffic. There is no secret lane for traffic getting out of the terminal roadway, making a U-turn and entering the Resorts World complex.

If they would only build a walking bridge across the street, it would make arrival so much quicker.

Thanks for any suggestions.