FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - carry on only
Thread: carry on only
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:08 pm
pilotalan

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
No toiletries (razor, deodorant, favorite shampoo, etc.)
No exercise equipment (running shoes, shorts, etc.)
No personal or hobby (Book, musical instrument, art supplies, etc.)
No medical (first aid, cough medicine, etc.)

What you described is sufficient to get up in the morning, go to work, go home and sit in front of the TV. For 6 months? Thanks, but no thanks.
My point was that one week of clothes is all that's needed for a trip of any length (a week defined as seven days, not Mon-Fri).

OK, I assumed the toiletries were assumed. Yes, I have a toiletry bag, very small, I can buy more on the road. It has a razor, one hotel-size bottle of shampoo, a hotel bar of soap, deodorant, toothbrush, and one hotel size toothpaste.

No exercise equipment, correct. Hotels have workout rooms. I included swim trunks that double as shorts, and a t-shirt for such things. I don't exercise every day.

My Surface and incidentals (magazine, newspaper) are in my shoulder bag. My Surface is my e-reader, for a long trip I may add an iPad Mini for reading and entertainment.

My shoulder bag carries a few bandaids, two doses of Dayquil and Nyquil, a small bottle of Aleve, and small bottle of prescription painkillers. Anything else I can buy.

The polos are to change out for evening activities. I don't wear jeans at home, so I don't carry them for travel. Slacks, polo, black or brown shoes (and a reversible belt) is all I need.

If I'm somewhere and need something, there's a Target or WalMart nearby. I'll buy a couple extra t-shirts for $4/ea.